Thanks to those of you in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, the UK, India, Malaysia, Turkey, Spain, Vietnam, South Africa, and Portugal, who have checked out Eating Yellow Paint, and contributed 1 or 2 or 35 of the 400 views it’s accumulated!
I wanted to post a list with 400 items on it, but Catherine informed me that that was utterly ridiculous.
So instead I guess I’ll work on my post for…
Sunday, 3:17 AM
“I don’t know where the elevator is, man,” I tell Catherine, holding her sticky head against my shoulder and half-dragging her through the dimly lit hallway of our dorm’s basement. I kick open a door only to reveal a sorry set of mops and a grimy sink. “Well, it’s not that one.”
“I am cold and I want to get in my bed,” she gurgles into my shoulder.
“Oh, I know you do, we’re…
Despite the shocking and controversial finale, I will always stand by How I Met Your Mother as sitcom genius—not flawless, but genius. In honor of the end of a 9-year run, here’s my all time favorite episodes:
- “Pilot” – Season 1 Episode 1 – “Haaaaaaave you met Ted?”
- “Okay Awesome” – Season 1 Episode 5 — “THAT PLACE HAS GREAT SALADS!”
- “First Time In New York” – Season 2 Episode 12 – “Lily: Yeah.
“Yeah, they’re completely crazy,” I heard Catherine say to a few friends as I sat down and joined the conversation.
“You talking about your dad’s family?” I asked, stealing a sip of her smoothie. She looked at me for a moment. She blinked.
“No,” she said slowly. “Not at all.” We stared at each other, faces completely blank. And then we burst out laughing.
Because it was a perfectly natural…
- Ice Cream For Breakfast (and other times I questioned if I was hitting rock bottom or peaking)
- Mondays (and other days of the week I hate my peers)
- Goodbye Forever (and other tempting but absolutely unsatisfactory ways to deal with your romantic problems)
- 1/2 of Every Pair of Socks (and other things you’ll lose your freshman year of college)
- Thanksgiving Dinner (and other classy occasions at…
“Alright, now remember that your practice is about you, so feel comfortable to resume child’s pose, or whatever makes your relaxed, at any time.” I wish I remembered the yoga instructor’s name, because she has said some pretty profound things to me in the past three weeks. I mean, not to me, but to the yoga class I started dragging Mary and Dru to on Tuesday nights. Tonight, we are moving…